normal life



I've been back in my normal life for two weeks now - whatever normal life means these days. I guess it means working, at least semi-regularly, on weeknights? And then chatting with Johanna (who is back from Visby for a month) before going to bed. :)

Normal life these days also means travelling on weekends. I've spent both weekends since I got home travelling - one weekend for a gig at Stockholm Blues Fest, and then back to the UK for a lindy festival. I never ever thought I'd get to live a life where I travel almost every weekend, and it certainly isn't going to last forever, but I'm almost disgustingly happy right now. Everything is just so exciting all the time?! And fun and new and great and challenging and tiring! I need to get more sleep! I'm going to get more sleep. I promise.

Obviously, I got a cold after coming home from my six week trip abroad, as I always do when I relax after a period of excitement and newness. So I've missed out on most of the lovely summer weather we've had here lately. And then when I was well (I thought ...), I went dancing in Hull for three nights in a row. Too soon, Kristin, too soon. Now I'm at home sick again. Boo! So yeah, more sleep is definitely needed.

The next few weeks will mean spring concerts on all of my different singing teacher jobs before summer break, a couple of really fun gigs and some photography work, two dance weekenders - one lindy, one blues - and five days in Spain, before I'm off to the UK for summer. It's a very, very good life. :)

Håkon Kornstad | Oslo

1 comment :